COS (Community of Scholars) Funding Opportunities migrated to Pivot as of June 30, 2012.
If you have any saved searches that were shared on a webpage, update those with the saved search URLs from within Pivot.
Since Pivot has all of your previously saved searches created at COS.com., once a Pivot account is created, you will be able to share your saved searches with yourself. This will allow you to get the new URL.
What is Pivot?
Pivot focuses on the ability to identify and connect funding opportunities to researchers at their institution. Pivot allows users to search for a funding opportunity and instantly view matching faculty researchers from inside and outside the institution.
- Provides access to comprehensive sources funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside the organization
- Fosters collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Builds strong network connections for future opportunities
Funding Homepage and Searching
The Funding Homepage of Pivot enables users to see the most popular funding opps from a given week, top funding picks (“Editor’s Pick”) from the Editorial team, and funding news on Health Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences. These newsletters are also available via RSS Feed.
You can also conduct a Quick or Advanced search from the Funding homepage.
Pivot New tools offer the ability to:
- Add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities, such as limited
submission announcements—eliminating the need for separate
announcements on those deadlines (reserved for Research Administrators)
- Track funding opportunities and organize profiles into folders to keep
the highest priority in a special Active category
- Save searches and organize those searches into folders
- Monitor shared opportunities and the action recipients are taking in response
Substantiate a research program’s ROI
- Receive weekly updates on saved searches and track active opportunities
on your active and tracked lists
Director of Research Commons & Outreach Services